Monday, February 23, 2015

Postmodern Musics: Authors?

Man last week was crazy and I didn't get around to posting my postmodern musics from last Monday's class. Since I'm about to go into class in like 20 minutes I wanted to get this posted before another round of musics start swimming their way through my thoughts on postmodern rhetorical thought. Unfortunately time constraints preclude me from giving much context beyond saying we talked about authors. 

Since we were talking about authors, and since over the weekend I reread parts of one of my favorite books of ever, Old Man and the Sea, here's a picture of Hemingway:




So here's last week's musics.



"Acknowledgement" from A Love Supreme - John Coltrane
"Do we acknowledge..."





"Beast of Burden" - The Rolling Stones
"It can't be the beast that bears their burden..." 





"Dem Bones" - Delta River Boys
"I guess they're in the business of printing houses now...and bones."





"Here Comes My Baby" - Cat Stevens
"Does a baby actually exist?"





"What's Up" - 4 Non Blondes
"What's going on?





"I've Heard It Both Ways" - James Roday and Timothy Omundson (from Psych: The Musical)
"I wanna have it both ways?"





"Pure Energy" - Information Society
"I wanna know if...?




Bonus - Postmodern movie clip:

Some in class said something about a mechanism, and my connection-drawing mind immediately jumped to this scene from For Love of the Game. I've always thought this was a pretty corny way of talking about pitchers and their "stuff" (man I love that the pitcher's craft is referred to as "stuff"), but there you go. 




1 comment: