Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Whitney

Sometimes I'll be having a pretty good day where I'm going along working just fine and being more productive than usual, when out of nowhere iTunes makes Whitney Houston start singing "I Will Always Love You." It doesn't totally stop me from working, but now I'm focusing more on listening to the music than I was before.

Then about three minutes in the song just kinda stops for a sec and it's like the world stops with it.

And even though I had been in a groove and in the zone and in that flow state that's so hard to get into, everything I'd been doing comes to a grinding halt.

Because I know what's coming.

And then the drum hits.

And then Whitney storms back in with, "And aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyeeaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy will always love youuuuuuuuuuuu."

And I'm left wondering if there is a more perfect moment in all of music.

If there is, I can't think of it.



1 comment:

  1. Great. Now I have to stop grading papers and listen to this song.

    ReplyDelete