Friday, January 31, 2014

My Complicated Relationship with Pinterest

I've kind of been trying to do pinterest lately, and I've decided it isn't for me. Not because I don't see it's appeal. The problem is the food stuffs. See, I look at all the amazingly delicious-looking food that people pin and I get hungry. I mean look at this, how could I not?

link to recipe

So then I go to the fridge/cupboard and usually I've waited so long to eat that I've allowed my hunger to get to a place where I don't want to spend time actually preparing something. I think about all the time it would take to actually make something, and my stomach says to me, "no. feed me now." And, as Cato the Elder once said (as quoted by Plutarch), "It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly since it has no ears."

So in the end I usually settle on eating  scrambled eggs or hot dogs or frozen burritos or spaghettiOs. Which is satisfying enough. But then I go back to my computer and see the pictures of the coconut waffles with pomegranate syrup and three layers of coconut flavor or the feta, onion and spinach quesadillas that made me hungry in the first place. And Then I feel a little ashamed. And then defiant. And then slightly embarrassed.

Which leads me to conclude that I could avoid all that trouble by just not Pinteresting.

1 comment:

  1. lol - this describes my meals most every night. Yay for being students. I bookmark awesome recipes all the time, but whenever it gets time to eat, I just want something fast.

    ReplyDelete