Monday, November 24, 2014

can't sleep. thinking about trains. and rice.

It's 2:00 in the am as I write this. I'm in bed. Eating rice.

See, I'm not tired. I was just laying here staring at my lamp and thinking about how on Tuesday morning I'm gonna get on a train and head out to spend Thanksgiving with my brother and sister-in-law and their family in Oswego, New York.

And then I got really excited.

Like, tooexcitedtosleep excited.

So naturally I got up and got some rice to eat. And, well, I guess I could have sat down at the table to eat it, but, I mean, it's 2:00 in the am. Normally functioning human beings are in bed at 2:00 in the am. So that's where I am.

In bed. Eating rice.

Thinking about going on an old fashioned train journey.



Okay, maybe not so old fashioned. But a train journey all the same.

1 comment:

  1. Is this your first time taking the train? This last time around was a lesson in patience for me. One does not take the train to get places quickly but to instead see the scenery and contemplate the lives one passes as well as ones own. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete