Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New Books

So I just got back to my house and upon walking in the door I saw a package from Amazon sitting on the floor with my name on it. I set my basketball down, grabbed the box and walked over to the utensil drawer for a knife. Now you make ask, "Why Sam, you're a Dunn aren't you? Didn't you have a pocket knife on your person? Didn't you have your pants on?" In a word, no. No I didn't have a knife on me, and no I didn't have my pants on either. (I was wearing gym shorts) Thus, having no knife, it was necessary for me to turn to the utensil drawer.

Upon opening the drawer I saw that rather than having any utensils in it, it was empty except for a pizza cutter, a spatula and a can opener. No knives, no forks, heck, there wasn't so much as a measly spoon in there. A glance to the sink confirmed my suspicions as to the location of all our utensils. Turning back to the drawer, I decided the pizza cutter would probably do the job, so I grabbed it and started hacking away at the tape on the box.

The pizza cutter took much longer to do the job than I would've liked, but once I'd gotten the box open, I found this, or rather these, inside:


That's right, books. Not just books, but textbooks. As you can see from their titles, The Rhetoric of Agitation and Control and The Realm of Rhetoric, they aren't just ordinary textbooks either, they're awesome textbooks.  Now having ordered them myself, I knew that these books were coming, so it wasn't a surprise or anything. In fact, I was really hoping that they would come today because I have a reading assignment due tomorrow out of one of them.

Even so, upon opening the package and seeing them sitting there smiling up at me, my heart leapt into my throat and I got an excited feeling in my stomach. You know that feeling you get as you're driving up to an amusement park, the one that makes you all anxious and, being right on the threshold of hours of fun and enjoyment, makes you feel like you're going to explode from the anticipation of it all.

Yeah, that's how I felt, and no I'm not ashamed.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that you get to study what you love so much! I think the coolest thing is being nerdy about what I'm studying. Probably means I'm in the right place. (: Way to go, Dunn.

    ReplyDelete