Thursday, March 22, 2012

Early Morning Shower Inspiration

It's a commonly-accepted truth that the shower is one of those rare locations where inspiration seems to pour out down from the cosmos at about the same rate as the scalding water that pours down from the shower head. This morning I arose early in order to chase the proverbial worm which in this case took the form of scholastic endeavors. Deciding that my academic pursuits would be best served by a healthy dose of inspiration, my first stop, after going upstairs to get a popsicle, was the shower.

I turned on the water, allowed it to warm, and stepped into the flow of water. After letting out a small yelp of pain at the heat of the water, and after adjusting the hot:cold ratio, all the while trying to allow as little water as possible to make contact with my skin, I placed myself below the stream and assumed the position of inspiration reception. In my mind this is what was about to happen:


I was mistaken.

Rather than having sudden strokes of brilliance come to my mind, all I could think was, "Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand, for the times they are a'changin'," and " Shout, shout, let it all out. These are the things we can do without, come on. I'm talking to you."

So unless I'm supposed to somehow incorporate Bob Dylan and Tears for Fears into my "Rhetoric and Poetics" term project I'll just have to find some other source of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment